Southern Style





As a working mother of a 2 year-old and being pregnant with my second child here in Southern California (note: I was pregnant with my first in Montreal) ,I find myself scrolling online and in-store in desperate search of ideas for summer pregnancy clothing.  

Combining summertime heat with pregnancy hormones and a bunch of baby pounds and that's a recipe for one hot mama. Since going naked isn't an option (!), I want to dress wisely in clothes that'll help me look and feel cool. 

I have to admit that I am an online shopping pro. Pregnant or not. And now that I no longer fit into any of my clothes, I have an urgent need to change my wardrobe. (YAY!) However, who wants to spend for a wardrobe that will be worn only for a few months? Certainly not me. And certainly not my husband! (Hi hun!)

So, ultimately, what I'm looking for it's clothing or accessories that are comfortable but that will or can be reusable after pregnancy. 

Even if the choices are somehow limited, (jeans, tight blouses and high-waisted pants are definitely a NO-NO!) there is still a few fashionable options. 

I must confess that I have not found the courage to shop for a swimsuit yet. For me, and probably for many of us, there's also almost nothing worse than trying to find a bathing suit we like - pregnant or not.

The good news is that there are plenty of maternity swimsuits out there that work with all body types and tastes.

I just did not have the courage to venture in that direction for now!

With that being said, here are my list of MUST-HAVE items you'll enjoy as the mercury rises:





The Maxi Dress: My go-to outfit every time it gets really hot outside.  Plus, you won't need to break the bank for it! 





A Wrap Dress: Comfortable to wear for every occasions from a lunch-date with your girlfriends to a day at the office. 




Sleeveless vests:  For those days where the baby weight is wearing you down...this one is my favorite. You can easily hide the "extra pounds" with this!


And more....


Lululemon high-rise Align Crop pants: I honestly live in these. I bought 3 pairs and wear them all the time. (Under a blouse at work, for working-out, while running errands or just to relax!)  These are really stretchable.


Loose fitting T-shirts: For day-to-day everything. These will look good on you, with a belly or not. 


Light comfortable bra and panty sets: I absolutely adore the modern cotton bralette and short set by Calvin Klein. My everyday sleepwear.  Very stretchable. 


At the end, pregnancy or not, I realize that the most important thing is to wear clothes that make us feel beautiful and especially in which we feel good. Right? :) 

Lysianne 

Comments